Friday, December 30, 2011

Bye bye!

Dear 2011,
Good riddance! I learned a lot this year, but I went through so much pain just to learn it. Could you be smidge nicer to me next year?

Despite my unique situation, I'm still happy I came out of it way better than I had ever imagined I would if the situation ever arised (as it did). I don't care about the rumor I faced. I don't care that despite my constant attempt to dispel the rumor, nothing ever came of it. My gosh, why was it that big of a deal anyway? I look back on it and realize that was the stupidest rumor in the history of ever. Like really, I could care less that it was about me. Whoever made it up and spread that one like wildfire seriously has no life. I like how no one stuck up for me either.  Just kidding, I hate it.

I continued to live my life. I didn't think about the rumor and in fact I didn't even think it was still going around. When October came around, I was on cloud nine, and I am sure most of you know why. Seeing as how I was so positive that rumor had been long over, I was so excited for the exciting month of October to finally be happening. I had become quite the lovely young woman, who had grown from all her experiences and challenges. The wonderful day had come at last! Nothing could break my stride...that is until lunch. From confident, beautiful, wonderful Alix to Alix, the girl who was stupid for doing this. Needless to say, I was a wreck the rest of the month. But no matter how many times people shoved into my face "I told you so", I was not going to give in to them and say that they were right, and I was dumb for doing what I did. Because even though everything everyone had pushed into my face all along did happen, I knew I wasn't dumb for doing it. Why?

Even though the end result wasn't like a movie or something you read in books, I had become the person I used to only dream about 2 years ago. So for that fact alone, I refuse to say this was all a waste of my time. I grew in every way possible, except for vertically...which doesn't really count. And so far as I see it, this whole ordeal has been a huge blessing in disguise. It really sucked at first, but I gave it time and I am actually happy about it now. I can honestly say that for the first time in about 3 years, I am truly happy with my life. Not that I didn't have great and happy moments during those years, but something just always felt off. And I don't feel that anymore and I love it!

I am so ready for 2012! I learned some important lessons this year, and I know that they will be of good use this coming year.

What am I doing for New Years Eve? No one invited me to any parties because I'm cool like that (I've never been to a New Years Party, gosh I'm kinda lame). So I am going to do what I do every New Years Eve, watch chick flicks and and probably be ready for bed by 8. I'll be sprawled out on the couch with the best blanket in the world. <--- I wish I could take it down to school with me, but my dad said no. :(

New Years Resolutions:

-Get the best grades I can obtain
-Get re-hired at JoAnns for the summer
-Try and find another summer job
-Fall in Love
-Keep practicing piano
-Visit the temple more often

I really am looking forward to the new year! I hope it's a good one! 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Say nice things to me. :)