Friday, December 2, 2011

The Curveball

Life threw me a curveball and I knocked it right out of the park!
I look back at the moment when I was thrown the curveball and remember that at first, I was trying to avoid it. But if I wanted my team and me to be happy I had to put all my might into the swing. The ball was inches away from hitting my bat, and when I hit the ball, I put it right back into play. When I did, it was quite an empowering moment.

Sure, I just used a baseball analogy. And perhaps I just described baseball all wrong, but even if I didn't...I'm sure you get the gist of what I am saying....at least in analogy form.

I had every reason to be upset. For the first week, all I could think about was why me? My life is over.
I wasn't happy at all. I had every right to be confused and upset about it so I was going wallow as long as I felt necessary as long as it didn't carry onto week 2. But once I had my week of moping, I told myself to knock it off! Naturally, I wanted to go back to moping, but everytime I moped, it only made me more miserable and upset. I didn't want to feel that way anymore. I prayed to have this burdening feeling lifted off my shoulders. I went to sleep, and the next morning when I woke up, I had this new felt energy running through my veins! IT WAS AMAZING!  Sure, I still looked at the last week with sadness, but I decided to not to let it take over my life anymore.

Two years ago, I pictured my life today so differently than what it is now. Why shouldn't that send someone into a week of hurting? It would to just about anyone. But the different thing from now compared to that week of hurting, is that I am a completely different person. Oh sure, there are still the same ol Alix quirks that came along but when I prayed to have the burden taken away...I became Happy-Alix-Despite-The-Situation. Which yes, I believe is a very valuable attitude to have acquired by such a learning experience.

I have decided to live my life to the best that I know how. You can't go wrong when you are doing what is right. If I take care of myself and be the best me I can be, God will take care of everything else.

I've been a good girl, learned from my mistakes, embraced the lessons I've learned, and I feel grateful that I can recognize that in myself.

My life is turning around! :)

I get to apply for school on Monday, and I have a date on Friday!

When life turns out differently than expected, take it as an opportunity! :) You certainly get your happiness back ten fold.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Say nice things to me. :)