Sunday, December 11, 2011

The Perfect Man

I feel sometimes we as girls get into the notion that the perfect man is out there. We search for the one who has never made mistakes, and one who will never do anything but make us happy. We want one who promises this after that. So after all the time we spend searching, we pass up so many potentially great matches. I don't believe in soulmates but I do believe in the perfect couple..and I do believe in the perfect man.

"Alix, are you crazy? You just said there was no such thing as the perfect man!"

Yes, good job. I did say that. The way the world defines the perfect man (like I did previously) is not a perfect man at all.

A perfect man is not one who has never made mistakes, but one who has made mistakes and has learned and grown from it. He asks forgiveness from the Lord and becomes perfected in Him. (This applies to women too.)

^feel free to quote me..I googled it an couldn't find anyone who had said it before.

My perfect man is out there and he has made mistakes. He has learned and grown from them and has been perfected in Him. He sees his worth.

I'm a human and I've made mistakes as well. I've learned and grown from them, and because of the Lord I have been perfected in Him.

Maybe I already know my perfect man, and maybe I don't. I guess only time will tell. And really, that is not a problem at all. :)

In other news:

26 days to move in day! I am so excited! I've got some fun plans down there.

1 comment:

  1. A quote I love that reminds me of the perfect man is this (it is actually my favorite quote): "We come to find love not by finding the perfect person, but learning to see an imperfect person perfectly." ~Unknown
    Hope you like it as much as i do :)

    ReplyDelete

Say nice things to me. :)