Wednesday, August 1, 2012

To The Point

This blog post will be very to the point.
I have a few things I want to talk about and in an effort to prevent any long ramblings, I have set a limit to a paragraph for each topic. Should work, right? Well, let's see...

Financial Aid:
It's been a pain the bum to get financial aid this year. You know how it usually is a pain in the bum anyway? Yeah, well multiply that by 5 and add in a case of your dad being a victim of identity theft. It has not been fun being in a constant hassle with the IRS and Snow College all in the name of education. But it's been sorted out, and I am glad. Such a relief! For awhile there I was totally okay with not even going to school. But now that it's been sorted out, I can accept that I should go back to school.

Jewelry:For the life of me, I can't understand women who NEED big flashy jewelry. Some people downright WEAR that stuff like it's the only thing they are wearing. I don't get it. I thought accessories were to add a little flair, not be the entire outfit. The same goes for makeup too. A little goes a long way. But a lot goes in the complete opposite direction.
Also, (yup, I am going into a new paragraph, and no, I'm not stopping this rant) something I will never ever understand is women who downright insist on HUGE engagement rings. Really? Does it matter how much it costed or how many Karats it has? Personally, when I look at a diamond vs. cubic zirconium I cannot tell any difference. I'm not saying they are exactly the same, because obviously they aren't, but seriously, a ring costing big bucks?! It has just never seemed logical to me. So sorry to those who dream of 50 pound weights to make their ring finger strong. My fingers are weak. I've tested it. I bought this ring with a huge turquoise oval. It's fake obviously (because it was only like a dollar, but I can't wear the darn thing for more than a couple hours before it starts to weigh down my finger. I like small jewelry. Nothing flashy, but just enough to notice. Maybe I am just biased against engagement rings though (even though I've never had one. Had to make that disclaimer just so you all don't think I am a ninny who has been engaged 5 times). My mom's already got my diamond for me. It was on her grandma's wedding ring, so yeah, it means a ton. It is from the 1940's (I think is what she said) and is the most perfect little thing that I've ever seen. haha I think it weighs as much as a feather. One last thing about jewelry: Guys wearing jewelry....umm no...unless it's like a dude bracelet or ring. Those are acceptable. Guy necklaces always kind irked me the wrong way.

Cleaning:I applied for a job down at Snow College that would be a custodial job. I really kind of hope I get it. It's 2-3 hours after my classes everyday. That sounds perfect for me! I'm used to working 3 hours everyday, and I know how to clean. But frankly, I would be good with just about any job down there. It'll be the only way I can eat. haha...I will be so poor this semester. No fun for me! haha just kidding, I will have fun...maybe.

Alright, I am done blogging tonight. I'm kind of in the middle of playing Sims. And I need to go to bed at some point. So bye.

1 comment:

  1. You can do it Alix! :) I was so poor down at college too, even with a job, but it'll all work out :)

    ReplyDelete

Say nice things to me. :)