Wednesday, August 15, 2012

Effort

Great things come from effort. If you don't believe me, stop any effort you are putting into something and see if you get anything out of it. You won't. Well, you won't if it's something worth having.

"Continuous effort - not strength or intelligence - is the key to unlocking our potential." -Winston Churchill

We put effort into our jobs so we can earn money for things we need. Without the money earned from our effort, we would be unable to purchase food, clothing, and shelter.

We put effort into our relationships with those around us most often. Without the effort, it would be hard to keep a friendship.

"Effort only fully releases its reward after a person refuses to quit." -Napoleon Hill

Effort is a choice. We can't just expect effort to come before us. We have to work for it....yes, we must even make an effort for effort itself. (I hope you get that, because it's late at night as I'm writing this!)

What does effort require?

(in no particular order)

1.  Patience with yourself: It's hard I know. But you have to give yourself some time! Keep believing in yourself. A little patience can be the difference between success and failure, and I know which one you prefer. ;)

2.  Faith: Faith just isn't a matter of spirituality or religion. It also involves having hope in things yet to be. Have faith that whatever you are putting your effort into WILL BE WORTH IT. Otherwise...why would you bother putting any effort in at all?
3.  Positive Attitude: If you are unhappy, regarding the thing you are putting effort into, then perhaps you should assess if this is really worth it to you. But before you decide to give up completely, ask yourself: Are you putting in less effort, yet expecting more? Or are you putting in too much effort and not getting anything in return? But honestly try your best to be happy. Are other factors in your life making you feel unhappy about this? Because, you know, you could just be being moody after all. ;)


Like I told someone very dear to me:

"Don't be afraid to give yourself everything you've ever wanted and refuse to give yourself nothing but the best."


And what does that take? EFFORT!!

YES...I just quoted myself using the big bold words.



1 comment:

  1. i can't believe i'm only now reading this. that was a great post. It made me think about how much effort i'm putting into stupid stuff instead of what i really care about. GAMES, SHOWS, MOVIES. I'm so lucky to have you in my life.

    ReplyDelete

Say nice things to me. :)