Sunday, April 15, 2012

Stake Conference! :)

I have been posting lots of spiritual munchies lately. Have you noticed?
I'm really happy and I've never been this happy. That's saying something considering I am a happy person. I am happy in a different light now. I am happy because I put my might, mind, strength, heart, and soul into the Lord, my Savior, Jesus Christ and I trust in Him. Amazing things have happened. A sense of nearly unexplainable radiance has overtaken my soul. I am always striving to be happy.

The word I think of when I think about the gospel, is happy. When you put God above everything else it lets him know that you actually mean it, and you prove it to him by word and deed. So with all this wonderful happiness being said, I would like to share some of the notes I took during stake conference that made me happy. We had two visiting authories with us, Elder Kevin J. Worthen and Elder L. Tom Perry. Sorry for the length in advance, it's all in bullet points though, so it shouldn't be to treacherous to read. :)

Stake Conference Theme: Be Worthy of Recieving Inspiration and then Have the Faith to Act Upon it Righteously.


I saw the theme on the program and got way excited because I knew I was going to enjoy this a whole lot. :) I will share some tidbits from each of the talks at both sessions.
Saturday Evening Session:

Elder David P. Bailey:
- Step up and be worthy to recieve revelation.
- Inspiration is often felt rather than heard.
- You can not make a major mistake in your life without being warned.
Kate Ostler:
-Pray with your whole heart and soul.
- Seek the Spirit.
- What's the point of recieving inspiration if we don't respond immediately? (I really really like this one. It means a lot to me right now.)
- If you live up to your privledges, there is nothing that can stop the angels from being your associates. :D
Elder Kevin J. Worthen: (member of the Fifth Quorum of the Seventy)
- Be worthy, recieve, then act!
- We are better at recieving inspiration than we think we are.
- Just keep pressing forward when you feel doubt.
- If we strive to keep our covenants, we will be worthy to recieve inspiration.
- The Holy Ghost never misses an opportunity to give inspiration.
- "I felt prompted and encouraged to act on inspiration, but didn't, and found out thirty years later that I had missed out on an opportunity."-Sheri Dew (It's not a perfect quoting as I was writing down as Worthen spoke)
- Have faith!
Sister Perry:
- The blessed and happy souls are those who keep the commandments of God.
Elder L. Tom Perry:
- Build a fortress of spiritual power to live in.
- Fasting unclogs arteries. :) hehehe made everyone laugh. :D
- Don't settle for mediocrity. 
- Latter-Day Saints are the happiest people on the face of this earth.
- Be bold of who you are!
- The foundation is there and boldly live up to it.
- If the church hasn't made you better, than you haven't developed as you should.
Sunday General Session:
(I'll keep this one short)
President William A. Pollock: (being released as Stake Pres.)
- Prepare yourselves to recieve inspiration.
- The Savior is the perfect judge because he is the Savior first.
Tom Bailey: (new Stake Pres.)
- Your future is only as bright as your faith.
- A righteous life is a life of freedom.
Elder Kevin J. Worthen:
- The Church is lead by inspiration.
- We are in a battle against spiritual wickedness.
- The main thing for us to keep the main thing the main thing. What is the main thing? Trust Jesus.
- We wan't to avoid the possible regret of a missed opportunity. (I really loved this one.)
- God has tender mercies for all of us if we have faith in Him.
- If we trust in Him and look up to him, we will be blessed.
Elder L. Tom Perry: 
- The Lord wants to eliminate confusion.
- The direction comes from Him!
- In oneness, the husband and wife will go forward together.
- Unity gives power and authority.

Okay, I am done with sharing my very favorite bits and pieces of the best ever stake conference I have yet attended. I wished all my family and friends not down here at Snow could have been able to be here for such a special occasion. I will forever remember this experience and I am so glad I brought my notebook. I took 5 pages of notes! So what I shared with you is only a chunk of all the other things I felt impressed to write down. :)
I am sharing these with you so maybe they can give you some guidance and direction in your life as it has mine.

I love you all! :) 
p.s. I had no idea who Elder Worthen was before, but he gives some of the best talks I have ever heard. I am going to be looking him up on lds.org to see if I can anything else he has talked about.

Sorry for the length, it was just a really great spiritual experience. :)

1 comment:

Say nice things to me. :)