Thursday, April 12, 2012

Enduring to the end.

It's getting to the point where I seriously just love reading The Book of Mormon. :)
I know, I know...it should have always been this way right? Yeah, it should have been. The point is that I am actually making an effort in reading, and I can feel its blessings. Even if it's the simplest things like recognizing the tender little mercies that make life so sweet.

I would just like to talk a little bit about Endurance tonight. If we put our whole heart and soul into simply enduring, we can do it, we can make it, and we shall have eternal life.

2 Nephi 31:20
Wherefore, ye must press forward with a steadfastness in Christ, having a perfect brightness of hope and a love of God and of all men. Wherefore, if ye shall press forward, feasting upon the word of Christ, and endure to the end, behold, thus saith the Father: Ye shall have eternal life.


Okay, so I just really love this scripture. :) I have learned the value of enduring to the end, though I know I still have much to experience and learn about it. I know I will face many trials that will be very trying. If I can endure to the end, and try to the best of my ability, I will be alright. It's a very comforting feeling. :)

D&C 121: 7-8
7 My son, peace be unto thy soul, thine adversity, and thine afflictions shall be but a small moment;
8 And then, if thou endure it well, God shall exalt thee on high; thou shalt triumph over all they foes.


In my scriptures, I did something kinda cool. In verse 7 I crossed out the words "my son" and replaced it with "Alix." The first time I had ever heard this scripture was when I was going through the hardest time in my life. When I found this scripture, it answered my prayer on how long the pain would last. A small moment. Looking back, it was a small moment. I just love this scripture so much. :) It was one of the only things that kept me going when I didn't think I could anymore.

To end, I would just like to share a quote that I feel fits quite nicely with endurance. It also came upon me around the same time as D&C 121:7-8.

“Don't you quit. You keep walking, you keep trying, there is help and happiness ahead. Some blessings come soon. Some come late. Some don't come until heaven. But for those who embrace the gospel of Jesus Christ, they come. It will be alright in the end. Trust God and believe in Good Things to Come.” 

 Jeffrey R. Holland

What other things do you do as you are trying to endure to the end? Whatever it may be. :) Let me know in the comments.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Say nice things to me. :)