Wednesday, March 13, 2013

I'M GETTING MARRIED!


I'M GETTING MARRIED!


Remember a month ago when I said that something awesome was going to be happening soon? This is what I was talking about! :)
I get to marry Stephen Wallingford! I get to have an awesome last name guys! It's so cool. I've already practiced writing my name a billion times.

We are buying my wedding dress on Friday. We spent 12 hours on Saturday trying to find one. I found the one in the first hour. My mom, however, was not convinced that this was the dress. But I told her I would be dress biased the rest of the day..and I totally was. Nothing compared to the way I looked or felt in it. I didn't get emotional, but I just felt peace. Though I did try on some really pretty dresses throughout the day, nothing compared to this one.


So...you all want to know the story. Sorry if it's really short. I've told it at least 20 times in the last 6 days.


He drove me all around the back part of the town. I felt like he might be up to something, but deleted that from my mind when he said he needed to go to walmart. Okay...sounds legit. But when we drove past walmart he said he decided that it could wait. Then I knew something might have been up.

We have this certain tree in the town. It's OUR tree. Even though we haven't carved it or anything. (oooh I just had an idea for something else...you will love it). When he turned to the little alley way behind the park (where our tree is) I knew exactly what was happening, but asked him what we were doing there anyway. He grinned at me as he looked over and said "You know why we are here."

We got out of the car knowing we would be engaged minutes later. We walked to our tree and the grass was super mushy because the snow had just melted. Cars kept passing by, which is really strange because it is always quiet back there. So he waited for the cars to pass. After that there were lots of umms and okays on his part...with a side of laughter from me.

Finally, he told me how he has been the happiest with me that he has ever been. He told me his hopes for our future together and then ended it with him getting down on one knee. (ps, I told him I would like an "I love you" speech very much.)

And that's the story! 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Say nice things to me. :)