Thursday, November 17, 2011

Hello :)

Hey everyone!

This will be my public blog. I still have my private blog, but that one has a specific purpose. This one doesn't. So who knows what madness I will be posting up on here.

Tonight was my first time at institute. Pretty lame right? I'm 20 and until tonight I had never attended an institute class. Well, I was sure missing out all that time because it rocked! I loved it. Really my favorite part of class was when we took like 5 minutes of reading the scriptures on our own trying to come up with something to share. I really was thinking so hard on what to share. When I finally knew what to share, I had to think of what to say. (I always have to think on what to say, otherwise it comes out in a way that nobody understands. So I at least have to have a general idea of what I am going to say. I seriously have to rehearse the situation actually happening...it's just something I've always done...my whole life pretty much.)

Last night I posted a picture on facebook. Whoopdy doo right? (People posts thousands of pictures to facebook each day.)

Wrong! This picture brought some light to my life. It helped me understand some things that have been going on with me. It's not bad stuff or anything, just personal stuff. But still, looking at this picture gave me peace and I wanted to share it with others. I'll put the picture below.

So I shared that with the class. The thought I gave along with it was that God does give answers but sometimes we don't look for the answers once we have asked. I think that was what I said. Seriously though, I can hardly remember. Brother Morris thought it was a cool thought.

I had fun tonight. During the devotional at the beginning there were literally 4 people minus Bro. Morris in the class. 2 guys, 2 girls (me and Dev). When class started I was like "jeez, when I sing in sacrament its not very loud and there are at least 100 people. How am I supposed to sound relatively good if only 4 people maybe 5(including Bro. Morris playing piano) are singing? I don't think I can do that."
But I decided that didn't really matter. As long as I was singing that is what mattered. So Bro. Morris started to play the piano and I was like "ahh great...here we go....." But instantly after that it was time to sing, and I just let that little thought go away and I didn't care about anything else in the moment. Dev and I were the only ones singing. I think Bro. Morris was. Maybe the 2 guys were....but I couldn't hear them.

Anyway, I had a great time at institute and honestly don't know why it has taken me so long to actually go.

I so look forward to going more often. I just hope I can go often and not have work on those nights. Crossing fingers.


So this is my new public blog! Follow me! I love people who blog stalk me! :)

As for tomorrow's agenda...I am off to Snow College to sign a housing contract at this wonderful apartment. I hope I can get in to meet with a counselor, because when I called on Monday they were completely booked for tomorrow. Let's just pray I can get in to see someone because I really don't want to do it over email.

Have a great night's sleep! :)

1 comment:

  1. Are those the new apartments next to Snow Gardens?? I'm stoked, maybe I'll come down and visit you :) I love EPHRAIM!!! :) Hehehehe, love you Alix! You are wonderful!

    ReplyDelete

Say nice things to me. :)